Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Well hi all!
In case you hadn’t noticed, it’s CHRISTMAS!! We all claim it comes much too fast (actually it takes exactly one year to arrive… the same, every year. You could set your calendar by it!) and we whinge & moan, but when it comes to the actual day we love it really. Seeing friends and relatives we wouldn’t see at all otherwise, throwing away the diet cards for a couple of days, giving away any and all the usable cash we’ve just managed to accumulate! lol
We even use Christmas as a kind of magic curfew, for ‘speaking’ to people we’ve been mad with for the last 6 months. It breaks barriers!

I haven’t sent many cards this year. Apart from saving wood, I feel it’s nicer to get something written by the person sending the greeting! I never did see the point in a card that says, “To: Your Name, [long pre-printed message the sender didn’t even read] From: Their Name”. And now thanks to Framps, I’ll be donating the money I saved to charity – probably Cystic Fibrosis. (Oh yeah, and I’m hideously disorganised and rubbish at planning & doing!)

So anyway, I hope this message finds you well – maybe a little tipsy too. I’m going to a friend’s this year to share in their family Chrimbo – so kind of them. Last year I did it on my own, to see what it felt like. I had baked beans on toast for my Christmas dinner, watched rubbish movies all afternoon whilst getting steadily merry, then down the pub in the evening to get merrily unsteady! lol

New Year is going to be different this year too. I’m off to Macau, China for a gig on New Year’s Day with Vanessa Mae. It’ll be the first New Year’s Eve I haven’t had a gig for 20 years (since I was 13!), although I’m sure she’ll make us rehearse or something! I know what you’re thinking… “Bloody hell, it’s alright for some ain’t it?!”… well yes! Sometimes it is alright xx

My dear friends, family, acquaintances, colleagues, bloggers, and their pets – I send you a heartfelt Merry Christmas, and wish you a Happy New Year. I truly hope that you are all where you will feel warm and loved, and that I’m not the only one who gets 300 pairs of nice sensible socks, and four flavours of shower gel!

You are my world. Take care of yourselves…. aaand eachother! ;-)
Love & light, Stuee xxx

P.S. Here's a pic of me at the Earth Amphitheatre in Thessaloniki, Greece. Don't know why ;-) x

22 Comments:

Blogger Kid Ric said...

Merry Christmas and the happiest of happy holidays to you.

Peace, love and light.

6:21 pm  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Wow! I was just checking for the heck of it! Yay, nice to "see" you Stuee, and the picture, you're cute!Nice legs. :)
I'm doing the Christmas thing alone,
but at least I'm going to do some baking. No beans on toast. :)
It's funny because you mentioned using the holiday as a springboard to patch things up, how insightful!
I just wrote to a friend yesterday that I was mad at for the last 6 months or so. Heh, I was seriously pissed at them, too.And they knew it.
But today when I woke up I saw in my email box an email from them, a nice response.So I guess it worked, the holiday patch-up thing! Don't know if we'll be friends but at least there aren't any hard feelings.
I'm glad your mood is good this day, Stuee.GMAS sometime, to borrow Mikey's phrase. xoxoxoLisa

6:45 pm  
Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

happy Christmas Stuart!

I know there's great things to come in the new year.

Justin

7:23 pm  
Blogger Bri said...

Merry Christmas, Stu! I was just thinking of you and voila, a new post from you, and a photo too. Nice!

Enjoy your day. And your trip too. I'm leaving for Monterey and San Francisco on Tuesday, very happy to be headed west for a week. Meanwhile we're doing the Minnesota Christmas which includes rolling in the snow (oops, no, that's just what the dog does!), cooking and eating roast beef and Yorkshire pudding (the rest of us), and a lot of relaxing.

So glad to have "met" you this year.
Love, Brina

8:08 pm  
Blogger whatever said...

Vanessa Mae is fabulous. Have fun!

Happy Christmas and a Merry 2006!

See you stateside with Rachel's band.

Peace
oxo Seychelle

9:03 am  
Blogger Johanna in Paradise said...

Hi Stu, hope you are having a wonderfully happy, not too stressful and inspirational holiday season!

Here's to a great 2006! Cheers!!

Johanna in Vista

Nabonidus..Stuee is a total cutie!!!

2:46 pm  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Love the pic!!

Happy Holidays to you!!

X-Molly

11:27 pm  
Blogger AlianaDrex said...

Merry Christmas! I hope the new year brings you everything your heart desires.
Ali

6:42 am  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

You are too cute!
Happy New year to you!
Peace and all that jazz,
Sue

7:03 am  
Blogger Rose said...

Happy Christmas and New Year Stu.

A New Years Eve without a gig? Sound kind of frightening...

Jack

11:52 pm  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Stuee,
Of all the places in the world you put a picture of my...
hometown!!!! I'm deeply touched!

I was born in Thessaloniki and raised in Athens. It is beautiful isn't it? Did you try the food? Please come over to my blog and tell me all about it when you have the time!

Have fun in China, I love Vanessa May, lucky you!!
And a very Happy New Year!!!!

Lots of love,
xoxoxo
M

11:56 am  
Blogger Bri said...

Hi Stuee,

Nice legs, that's right!

Did you play a gig at this amphitheatre? It's beautiful.

Sending you this message from Pacifica, California, where the waves are crashing and roaring right outside my window. It's almost scary, the surf has been so intense all this week. It's almost up to the hotel!

Love,
Brina

5:41 pm  
Blogger Meg said...

You put your finger on it, what Christmas really is and I wouldn't want it any other way. Heres to hoping you have a full and wonderful 2006, it sounds like it is starting off on a very exciting note! Take care and enjoy!

Meg

3:34 am  
Blogger Paul B said...

Hope your holiday has gone very well... Nice picture!

2:20 pm  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Happy New Year Stuee!:D

xoxoLisa

5:06 pm  
Blogger Kid Ric said...

Happy New Year!

"Chat after the New Year" will take place on Sunday January 8th 2006 at 2pm Mountain time at BallerinaGurl's. We all would appreciate it if you could stop by and join us.

Peace, love and light.

10:44 pm  
Blogger Johanna in Paradise said...

Happy New Years Stuee!!

I hope you have a great one!!

Love,
Johanna

1:49 am  
Blogger Johanna in Paradise said...

Stuuee, you need to write again!!! Your slackin'!!

Just kidding...but, WRITE!!!

Love,
johanna in vista

3:00 am  
Blogger Johanna in Paradise said...

Stuuee, you need to write again!!! Your slackin'!!

Just kidding...but, WRITE!!!

Love,
johanna in vista

3:01 am  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Stuee!
What's up?
Write to your adoring public!
:)
Hope you are well!
Take care,
Sue

12:00 am  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

Stu
Post something, it is March.
Sorry could not resist. Hope all is well with all your artistic endevours

5:48 pm  
Blogger Model citizen said...

It's been awhile, my friend. I hope this blog post finds you happy, healthy, and highly intoxicated.

xo.

4:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home