Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Dogs!

Well it's Tuesday now and I have a date this evening... I'm going to the dogs!
I've been to horse racing meets quite a few times before and really enjoyed it, and not lost too much money either, but never been to greyhound racing. Plus I'm extra excited because I'm going with a girl. Yes, me - with a girly! (Sorry Jessica, but she's a little more local than you darlin' xx)
She's called Amy; she's a student teacher 10 years my junior (at 23) so much nearer my mental age ;-) And she makes me laugh out loud. I'm usually a bit reserved, and it takes a lot to get a belly laugh out of me, but Amy can do it with a word - AND she's gorgeous! Watch this space... (I'm 34 in January (19th) and I think it's about time I had a girlfriend, don't you?)

My mum phoned last night; her and my dad are moving back to England after having lived in France the past 11 years or so. I'm glad, it'll be great to be able to see them more easily, and I know my nieces (picture from a couple of years ago) will be well chuffed to have their other grandparents closer to hand.

Here they are - Lexy (Alexandra) and Bailey...














I've got some more recent pics of the girls now; I'll put up when I get them off my camera. For now I've lost the teenie-weenie USB lead - oh why can't everything be Bluetooth?!

Anyway, Wednesday I'm hoping to be able to pop in to the Attic for a cigarette and a cuppa. I haven't any more tunes to play as yet, because I don't have a guitar anymore and it's kinda hard to write without one! I'll have to start saving...

A drumming gig on Wednesday night, yippee! Two in one week :-) It's just a local blues band, but it's drums! :-)

Then we're recording with Rachel on Thursday at Oceanic - that's downstairs from the Attic in Pete's studios. We're doing a new song of Rachel's, and one of mine too! It's the one I played on the acoustic guitar in the Attic. Can't wait to see how she sings it. I really do love Rachel's voice, have done since I first heard her sing when she hired me to play on a demo about 3 years ago.

The first one I ever did was a track called Beautiful Invisible, and as soon as I heard the first few chords, then the melody and Rachel's voice, I knew we would work well together, and hopefully for a long time to come :-)

Meanwhile I must wash some clothes, have a 'sh_t shower 'n' shave', and beautify myself in any way possible to look good for my date tonight. Any plastic surgeons in the house?!
It's so not fair: Girls can wear make-up, wigs and corsettes; pad their bras, lengthen their lashes, firm up their bums, and many more tricks I'm sure I don't know about, but if I stuck false pecks down my shirt I think she'd run a mile!!

Hopefully Amy likes scrawny men.

Right, I'm off. Wish me luck!

Love 'n' light as always, your Stuee xxx

8 Comments:

Blogger Model citizen said...

Happy that you found someone that makes you laugh out loud. ;)

2:21 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Good luck Stuey, you'll have a ball I'm sure, hey, the Who Tv show, that everyones talking about 'In the Attic', is on Thursday this week I think, that's what it says on Rachel's blog anyway, at usual time, 5-7pm London time. Great blog by the way stue man, youv'e got a great writing style, informal and warm. Keep them up mate.

2:28 pm  
Blogger Stuee said...

Oh, well that's weird as we're recording on Thursday.... What does go on in that Rachel mind??

Thanks for the comments Mikey - it's nice to know when your getting something right eh?

Thanks Jess, you're a sweetheart. Such a shame you're on the other side of the Atlantic x Big hug x

Stuee xxx

2:47 pm  
Blogger Bri said...

Stueeee, Amy is a wonderful name. I have a sister named Amy and she's the best. I believe "Amy" means "beloved." Nice omen there for you and this lovely girl!

Someone who can make you laugh, now there's the trick...really true. And someone you can be yourself with. Scrawny? Muscle-bound? That's not what we girls fall for.

See you on the loop. I can't watch "Attic" live this week.

Cheers,
Brina

P.S. Flirty girls are never too old to flirt, it's all in fun, you know!

5:00 pm  
Blogger whatever said...

Scrawny...I think not Stuee! Try talented. Can't wait to hear more about your recording with Rachel. She's a wicked talent isn't she...and you must be too to be playing with such a gifted bunch. Cheers, Seychelle

6:54 am  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

I found you Stuee! You commented a while back and I am sorry I just didn't get back to you! Fun blog. I had no idea you are 34! You look younger (compliment!)

Hope your date was fun. I am SO glad I am not dating anymore! No offense! I just like being the Mom now.

You are very talented and I am impressed. I can see why Rachel values you so much!

Cheers and have a great start of your week! See you on the show hopefully this Wed!

Molly

4:38 am  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Oh and I have a Lexi of my own! (spelled different for Alexis) she is my daughter and plastered all over my blog. Guess you can tell who rules my life at the moment!

Cheers!

4:40 am  
Blogger Model citizen said...

Darling, of course I didn't change my mind. It's just that you fell in love with a girl, and I'm not one to step on toes!!

12:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home