Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Bedford Arms

Well what a night that was! From the sound check on I could tell it would be a good'un - it just felt that way - and I wasn't to be disappointed.
There was a great sense that everyone was playing because they loved playing, and all those listening were there because they wanted to listen! Now that may sound obvious, but not every gig is like that and it was so refreshing. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.
Everyone played their hearts out for the amazing audience, who were quiet when somebody was performing (apart from the odd broken glass or heckling twat - there's always one!), but let rip with rousing applause in between numbers. Thank you to anyone who came; your support is vital to events like that working.
Huge respect to Rachel, Pete T, Simon T, Mikey, Foy, the band (Peter Huntington - Drums, Dave Holmes - Guitar and ME - bass ;-) and all the crew (Bob, Myles, Alan, Matt, Linc, Plong, and the others) and of course Tony and all at the Bedford.
I wait with baited breath (whatever that means!) to see what Rachel has up her sleeve for the next extravaganza...?

Meanwhile I popped in on Rach & Mikey's 'In the Attic' show on WhoTV yesterday. Obviously the two hosts were there, plus Pete and Simon Townshend who both performed songs.
Must admit I tend to clam up when on camera and although I don't usually get nervous, it was a bit of a struggle to get any words to come out of my mouth! Still I'm ok as long as I'm playing and it was a lot of fun performing a song on acoustic with Mikey, one on bass with Rach, and playing I'm One again with Pete and everyone at the end. They are all awesome people, musicians and friends.

Well I'm getting hungry so I'll leave you with that for now.
More as things happen.
Take care, Stuee xxx

9 Comments:

Blogger Model citizen said...

Stu, you fucking rock. Welcome to the community.

P.S. You're hot.

3:47 pm  
Blogger Gary said...

Stuee,
I thoroughly enjoyed your tutorial on Bass Guitar as Mikey and I were comparing methods for doing bass tracks on our demos, so, I was pleasantly surprised to see he had invited you. That's a real nice bass you have.

I thought that was so cool when Pete walked in and commented that you should add words to that little piece you played on the guitar, wow! amazing.

Well, glad to be introduced to you Stuee.

All the best from Huntington Beach, California.

5:15 pm  
Blogger Kara said...

I really enjoyed the Attic yesterday, wish I could have seen you all at the Bedford show but it's a long way from Vegas.

Welcome to blogland :)

5:27 pm  
Blogger Pete Johns said...

Stuee,

It's great to see another blogger in the community. It's also good to be able
to thank a musician after their performance. So welcome. And thank you... that
was some fantastic bass playing on Tuesday night. Very impressive!

Keep up the good work!



--paj

5:47 pm  
Blogger PTfan said...

I was just wondering, how can any more talented people fit into that attic! Wow! You're an incredible bassist! AND guitar player. I'm very impressed!

7:43 pm  
Blogger Carrie Pratt said...

Stu, I thought you were great on In the Attic. The bass was a nice addition to the ensemble.

I liked your bass lesson too. I just inherited a bass from a dear friend who just passed away, and so I've been thinking about learning how to play it. Any tips or words of wisdom for how to get started would be great!

Carrie

8:31 pm  
Blogger Bri said...

Hi Stueee, SO happy you got yourself a blog too. And thanks for the Attic show this week. You were a good guest. I am shy on camera, too, so I sympathize, but as you said, once you start playing, the shyness vanishes.

My son plays bass and is in his first band. This summer he fell in love with a bass called a Rogue Violin bass. I bought it for him, so now he has two basses. It's gorgeous.

How many do you own?

Jessica is right, of course. (see first post, above). giggling

Brina in MN

6:01 pm  
Blogger musicmikey said...

Hey Stuee, just found your blog, looks great, you were wicked at the Bedford, and in the Attic, that song that we played together sounded excellent, I love the way you play, thanks mate. See you soon, keep bloggin.
mikey

11:59 am  
Blogger Model citizen said...

Stuee,

We must be married immediately. There simply is no other way. I've even linked your blog to my blog, it's final!

12:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home